1. Golf – Chasing the best golf courses? Head to Yarrawonga. Situated on the banks of the Murray River and a stone’s throw (or strong putt) from Lake Mulwala is one of the best golf courses in New South Wales and Victoria. With the Black Bull rated one of ‘Australia’s Top 100 Golf Courses’ by Golf Australia and Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort, Australia’s largest public access golf course, any golfer will be in Golfer’s heaven. Amazing Golf Packages can be found at Redgolf if Golf is your passion.
2. Relax and enjoy some Ciders at Byramine Homestead Brewery & Cider House: Come and enjoy a taste of history. Today the Byramine Homestead is open to the public as an enchanting memorial to those early pioneering days of so long ago. While visiting the Byramine Homestead you can enjoy a range of Devonshire Tea’s, Ploughman’s Platters, or light lunches off our main menu. Within the grounds is a Brewery, visitors are welcome to sample the boutique range of beer, wine and cider. HISTROCIAL TOUR The Byramine Homestead was built in 1842 by the famous explorer Hamilton Hume for his sister-in-law, Elizabeth Hume and her nine children.
3. Have an Experience like none other! Flyboarding: Flyboarding is the newest edition to the range of lessons offered. There is no greater feeling than being able to soar above the water and feel the power it possess. It’s fun, safe and with the experience of our instructors, it’s a blast for everyone.
4. Cruise the Lake at your Own Speed with Lake Mulwala Barby Boats: It’s Always a Good Time To Cruise On a Boat! Are you ready for a day on Lake Mulwala? Hire and self-drive whilst enjoying great times on the lake relaxing with family and friends. We offer 10 & 12 person pontoons including BBQ’s, stereo and couches all under shade. See some of Yarrawonga most stunning views via a pontoon. Bookings Essential.
5. Fun Like You Remember as a Kid! Aquazone Water Park: The ultimate hour of fun where you can explore as many of the features on inflatable as you wish. Our aquatic play area covers 10,000 metres and caters for kids 5 years to adults (special conditions apply for 5 to 6 years old) who love a fun challenge. The water park includes awesome waterslides, trampolines, and obstacle courses. Group bookings and Parties catered for.
6. Explore the Murray River with Kayak Tours: Pack your picnic lunch, pack the kids, and bring your fishing rod. The touring kayaks have storage capacity for loads of gear. Paddle down the river and enjoy the many sandy beaches to swim and devour your picnic lunch. You set your own pace, and you decide on the length of time you would like to paddle for. We then pick you up and return you back from the designated pick up point. We have designated pick up points for paddles lasting between 1.5 hours up to 8 hours. This is an excellent low impact activity for the whole family to enjoy.
7. House Made Whisky – Just for You! Corowa Whisky & Chocolate Set in a 1920’s old flour mill in Corowa – Come in for breakfast, lunch, cakes and coffee, make your own giant chocolate freckle, feed the animals, check out our newly renovated function room and soon to be distillery as well as try some of our organic Belgium style chocolate.
8. Day at the Races! Whether you like horse races, dog races or car races, there’s lots of activities in and around Yarrawonga. With the option to “Hire a Host” (make enquiries at the time of booking your accommodation), you can attend the races live or which it on the big screen at one of our amazing Club and Pubs in town.
9. Fly or Jump from a Plane! Jarden Aviation Joy Flights: Jarden Aviation provides a variety of standard Scenic Flights that will take you around the beautiful surrounds of the Moira Shire. See Lake Mulwala, the Mighty Murray River, the snow fields, the winery country, the canola fields, the list goes on. OR if you’re feeling real game, give Corowa Jump Shak a buzz and jump out of a plane!
10. Fishing: Catch a Fish or a Good Story! The Mulwala region is synonymous with freshwater fishing in Australia, having a reputation of holding a good population of Australia’s most sought after freshwater species. If you are keen to catch some of Australia’s favourite freshwater species, the waters in and around Mulwala offer ample opportunities to do so in idyllic bush surroundings. So why not pack a few rods for your next visit, relax and enjoy fishing in this beautiful spot on the iconic Murray River.
**Now would it even been a “10 things To Do” blog if it ended at 10!
We don’t think so either!
If we were going to have a number 11, it would be
11. Dance! With the live and free entertainment on offer every weekend at Club Mulwala and the Mulwala Waterski Club. Big names such as Chocolate Starfish, Eurogliders, Pseudo Echo, just to name a few are often on the calendar. To check out what’s on go to Club Mulwala or Mulwala Waterski Club
And number 12 is really just a heads up:
12. Help is Around! From all 3 Licensed Clubs and some pubs having courtesy buses to help you get home, to Graze and The Cook & Co Kitchen for catering direct to your accommodation and us, here at the WHH office, here to help in any way we can, including the option to “Hire a Host”. For all this and more help, simply ask at the time of booking or check in or when you think of it! We are here to make your time in Yarrawonga/Mulwala amazing xx Karen & the team xx