1. Try the Famous Passionfruit Sponge at Rich Glen Olives: This small, family-run farm, café and olive oil producer, has long been luring in visitors with its sights and sounds. Here you can find something for the entire family to enjoy – from olive grove tours for the adults to farmyard animal encounters for the little ones. With a well-stocked onsite café and store, and countless awards won, it’s a “not to be missed” thing to do around Yarrawonga!
2. Enjoy a Massage or Beauty Treatment: Who doesn’t love a good massage! Life is so busy that sometimes when we’re away from family and kids or just away from work, having a lovely massage is just what the “doctor” ordered. There are many places in Yarrawonga Mulwala that offer massage services. Some can even cater for small groups. A massage try these businesses in town Essenza, Renature Beauty, or Zen Japanese Massage or when booking your accommodation ask us and we’ll let you know who best to cater for your massage needs!
3. Relax with Wine or two at the Wine Bar, The Blacksmith Provedore. Bar, pizzeria and provedore. A beautiful wine and pizza bar located on the shore of Lake Mulwala. With a relaxing vibe, amazing views and hand-crafted food, this is a must when visiting town.
4. Enjoy the famous Ploughman’s Platter or Sample some Cider at Byramine Homestead Brewery & Cider House: Come and enjoy a taste of history. Today the Byramine Homestead is open to the public as an enchanting memorial to those early pioneering days of so long ago. While visiting the Byramine Homestead you can enjoy a range of Devonshire Tea’s, Ploughman’s Platters, or light lunches off our main menu. Within the grounds is a Brewery, visitors are welcome to sample the boutique range of beer, wine and cider. HISTROCIAL TOUR The Byramine Homestead was built in 1842 by the famous explorer Hamilton Hume for his sister-in-law, Elizabeth Hume and her nine children.
5. Eat, Drink, Relax at the Beach Cafe – Ku De Ta Cobram: Located on Thompson’s Beach, on the banks of the mighty Murray River sits Australia’s largest island beach. Surrounded by giant Redgum Forest and a Koala Sanctuary the café is licensed and has an ice creamery and kiosk. The ‘Cobba’ Paddleboat river cruises nearby and there’s a playground for the little ones. Come for an hour, stay for a day.
6. Recline and Be waited on at Yarrawonga Golf Club Resort Cinema: The ultimate luxury cinema experience has hit the Murray River region. Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club has combined the elegance of a fully licensed lounge bar, a menu with a selection of delicious food, with a state-of-the-art blockbuster movie experience that has to be seen to be believed. Furnished with 46 plush leather recliner seats with individual tray tables, 14 plush leather non-reclining chairs this is the luxury at its cinema best. It’s Gold Class with the gold class ticket price!
7. Take a boat Cruise around Lake Mulwala: If it is a cruise on Lake Mulwala you’re after, then there is a few to choose from. From the PS Cumberoona Paddle steamer to the Paradise Queen. Lunch and Dinner Cruises and sunset cruises, all whilst enjoying the ambience of Lake Mulwala and learning a little about its history. For more information on either cruises click Paradise Queen or PS Cumberoona.
8. Indulge in artisan Belgium Chocolate Corowa Whisky & Chocolate Set in a 1920’s old flour mill in Corowa – Come in for breakfast, lunch, cakes and coffee, make your own giant chocolate freckle, feed the animals, check out our newly renovated function room and soon to be distillery as well as try some of our organic Belgium style chocolate.
9. Take a Drive and Enjoy the bespoke (and famous) Farm Gate Trail: Take the time to explore the Murray Farm Gate Trail and you will find an edible bounty of cheeses, wines, olives, oils, fruit, vegetables, beef, garlic and preserves all waiting to be sampled. The trail has been designed to whet your appetite with just a taste of what’s on offer. Fertile soils, an enviable climate and a passion for paddock to plate fresh produce. Our Murray Farm Gate farmers and their families invite you to see and savour for yourself what makes this place so special. ** You can always “Hire a Host” if you’d like to be taken around privately – just ask about this when booking your accommodation.
10. Shopping: Who could have a getaway without exploring our wonderful and varied shops and variety stores! Almost untouched by big national chain stores, Yarrawonga and Mulwala offer family owned and run stores with a difference. A stroll down Belmore Street in Yarrawonga can have you exploring all that our amazing shops have to offer. More often than not, you’ll find what you’ve been looking for or something you’ve never seen before! With beautiful coffee shops in abundance you’ll be sure to find somewhere to rest and recoup before heading out shopping again!
**Now would it even been a “10 things To Do” blog if it ended at 10!
We don’t think so either!
If we were going to have a number 11, it would be
11. Dance! With the live and free entertainment on offer every weekend at Club Mulwala and the Mulwala Waterski Club. Big names such as Chocolate Starfish, Eurogliders, Pseudo Echo, just to name a few are often on the calendar. To check out what’s on go to Club Mulwala or Mulwala Waterski Club
And number 12 is really just a heads up:
12. Help is Around! From all 3 Licensed Clubs and some pubs having courtesy buses to help you get home, to Graze and The Cook & Co Kitchen for catering direct to your accommodation and us, here at the WHH office, here to help in any way we can, including the option to “Hire a Host”. For all this and more help, simply ask at the time of booking or check in or when you think of it! We are here to make your time in Yarrawonga/Mulwala amazing xx Karen & the team xx