There’s so much to do in and around our beautiful twin towns. Here’s 10 of our favs to wet your whistle!
1. Fun for the WHOLE family! Aquazone Water Park: The ultimate hour of fun where you can explore as many of the features on inflatable as you wish. Our aquatic play area covers 10,000 metres and caters for kids 5 years to adults (special conditions apply for 5 to 6 years old) who love a fun challenge. The water park includes awesome waterslides, trampolines, and obstacle courses. Group bookings and Parties catered for.
2. Make Your Own Chocolate Freckle! Corowa Whisky & Chocolate Set in a 1920’s old flour mill in Corowa – Come in for breakfast, lunch, cakes and coffee, make your own giant chocolate freckle, feed the animals, check out our newly renovated function room and soon to be distillery as well as try some of our organic Belgium style chocolate.
3. Let the Kids Experience “Gold Class” without the Price tag! Yarrawonga Golf Club Resort Cinema: The ultimate luxury cinema experience has hit the Murray River region. Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club has combined the elegance of a fully licensed lounge bar, a menu with a selection of delicious food, with a state-of-the-art blockbuster movie experience that has to be seen to be believed. Furnished with 46 plush leather recliner seats with individual tray tables, 14 plush leather non-reclining chairs this is the luxury at its cinema best. It’s Gold Class with the gold class ticket price! PS – Frozen II is coming!
4. Hire Some Kayaks & Go Exploring Kayak Tours: Pack your picnic lunch, pack the kids, and bring your fishing rod. The touring kayaks have storage capacity for loads of gear. Paddle down the river and enjoy the many sandy beaches to swim and devour your picnic lunch. You set your own pace, and you decide on the length of time you would like to paddle for. We then pick you up and return you back from the designated pick up point. We have designated pick up points for paddles lasting between 1.5 hours up to 8 hours. This is an excellent low impact activity for the whole family to enjoy.
5. Take a Walk or Ride a Bike around Chinaman’s Island. Not only a vast array of flora to look at but also some amazing birds to watch as well. Go fast or go slow, Chinaman’s Island is a fabulous way to spend some time with the family. Pack a picnic, watch the boats and birds go by or take your board games and play in the shade. There’s something for everyone to enjoy along the path.
6. Experience Cruising the Lake at your Own Speed with Lake Mulwala Barby Boats: It’s Always a Good Time To Cruise On a Boat! Are you ready for a day on Lake Mulwala? Hire and self-drive whilst enjoying great times on the lake relaxing with family and friends. We offer 10 & 12 person pontoons including BBQ’s, stereo and couches all under shade. See some of Yarrawonga most stunning views via a pontoon. Bookings Essential.
7. Have Tons of Fun at Tunzafun! Mini Golf, Dodgem Cars (Can seat Two), Krazy Kars, Trampoline, UFO rides, Bumper Cars, Merry Go Round, Teacups and lots more. Refreshments available at Kiosk. BBQ facilities by appointment. BYO food or picnic, sunscreen, refreshments (no alcohol or pets please). Open all School Holidays (except Christmas Day).
8. Hollywood Vs Mulwala Ski Show & Fireworks From 27th December through to early January the Mulwala Waterski Club is hosting their annual, and fabulous, ski show. From 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm (gates open 5pm with junior show at 5.30pm & main show kicking off at 8.20pm) $2 entry per person, no BYO or eskies, Fully-catered event. Fireworks after every show. Not only a very entertaining evening but a showcase of our internationally acclaimed local ski team.
9. Hop in the Water and Get Cool! From swimming in our outdoor swimming complex with lifeguards on duty at all times and a toddler’s pool, to taking a dip in our Lake Pool, or going down the pretty cool waterslide or running through the Splash park – there’s 100 different ways to stay both cool and entertained around Lake Mulwala. Take a picnic or enjoy an icy pole from the Kiosks on a hot summer’s day!
10. Head to the Beach You can head to Cobram to Thompsons Beach – the biggest island beach along the Murray – (20 minutes from Lake Mulwala) or head down to the many great beaches that exist below our weir, for a day at the beach without the waves (except for boats!). Simple ask our friendly staff about which beaches you can access (some need 4WDs) or ask at our fabulous Tourist Information Centre.
These are just 10 things we can think of, out of many, that you can bring the family along on holidays and have a wonderful, memory building time in Yarrawonga/Mulwala.
If you’re interested in learning more about “things to do” head to our other blogs which were about things to do with the ladies and things to do with the gents – www.waterfrontholidayhouses.com.au/blog – there’s loads more ideas over there!