1. Waterside Picnic – Sandy beaches, lush green grass, beautiful willows and gums .. Yarrawonga/Mulwala is full of the best picnic areas in the state! If you’re not sure where the best beaches are, head to Yarrawonga Mulwala Tourism Centre, and the ladies there will point you in the right direction!
Why not grab a Valentine’s themed Graze box on your way!
2. Take in the Sunset at the Yacht Club! Yarrawonga Yacht Club has some of the best views for a sunset over the water. Find beautiful lawns, and shady trees to spread your blanket on and dream Valentine’s Day away!
PS – Friday happy hour drinks are on too at the Club.
3. Take a Sunset Cruise We are spoilt for choice when it comes to taking a sunset cruise around Lake Mulwala. You can choose between the Paradise Queen, the Cumberoona (an old fashioned paddle steamer) or the Sienna Daisy.
4. Take a Walk along the Banks of the Mighty Murray There’s lots to see and do, but sometimes, you should just stroll!
Take a walk, listen to nature, and just enjoy the day together.
5. Have a Couples Massage Book an appointment for a surprise for your better half and enjoy a couple’s massage together at Essenza Day Spa.
Enjoy some time in the hot pool, detox box or just a massage whilst enjoying a glass of sparkling wine. Such a relaxing way to finish the week and celebrate Valentine’s Day.
6. Book a Wine Tour in a Limousine! North East Limousines are our very own local service. And with a spectacular wine region, how could you resist!
Enjoy wine, be chauffeured and take in a sunset over the rolling hills. You’ll want to do it every year!
7. Take a Stroll in the Very Unique Cactus Country Gardens This place is so unique, so amazing, that you’ll feel like you are holidaying in South America! And the cactus cake and ice-cream – OMGoodness – D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. Just a short drive from Yarrawonga along the Murray Valley Highway, you’ll find this gem of gold.
8. How About a Couples Golf Lesson Even if you’re not a golfer or your partner isn’t, come and have a “come and try” lesson at the Black Bull Golf Course.
Voted in Golf Australia’s Top 100 courses in 2018 by golf enthusiasts, Black Bull Golf Course has been described as ‘beautifully conditioned playing surfaces coupled with interesting strategic holes, making a round here a memorable experience’. For beginners and professionals as well!
9. Take an Evening Dip at the Sinatra The gem of our accommodation fleet – The Sinatra has a private mineral salt solar heated pool for that romantic evening dip. Not to mention the clubs, pubs, foreshore, and wine bar are just a short walk away. (For when you’ve finished swimming!)
10. Relax in the Hot Tub at Edgewater This 5 star accommodation is beautiful, with beautiful views that you can see whilst relaxing in the Hot Tub! Edgewater has absolute water frontage and perfect outdoor entertaining. Enjoy a glass of wine and a platter and watch the world go by at Edgewater.
All 10 of these things ooze romance. There’s so much to see and do, but sometimes you just need to stop, relax and enjoy the company of the person you love most.
For help with any of the romantic activities mentioned here, feel free to give us a call at the office or come see us as you check in to your accommodation.
However, if fun and busy is more your Valentine’s Day/Weekend, then head to our other blogs which are about things to do with the ladies, the gents and the family – www.waterfrontholidayhouses.com.au/blog – there’s loads more ideas over there!